Over time, data decays, we know and accept this, but you might be surprised as to how quickly it happens.
Stats vary, but these are typical from what we can see:
· 62% of businesses rely on marketing data that is up to 40% inaccurate
· Up to 25% of b2b database contacts contain critical errors
· 40% of direct marketing campaigns fall flat due to inaccurate data
The critical errors are largely down to the following:
· 30% of people change jobs
· 34% of companies change their names
· 43% of people change their telephone numbers
· 34% of people’s job titles/roles change
· 37% of email addresses change
So, what can we do about it?
There are a lot of ways to cleanse check and verify the data you currently have, too many for one post, but a good way to give your database a total lift is to employ the services of a data supplier.
Most data suppliers can offer a data audit, that will tell you which companies on your database are obsolete.
This is a great starting point for a cleanse. By removing obsolete data, you save time and money marketing to businesses that no longer trade.
Next, they can tell you how many records can be updated with new information if specific decision-makers are no longer with the business.
They can enrich your database by filling in any missing gaps.
Postal addresses, telephone numbers, contact names, email addresses and job titles can all be added to breathe new life into your database and generate new opportunities.
For more information on how we can help you breathe new life into your existing databases, feel free to drop us a line.
Results Driven Marketing – 0191 406 6399 – email@example.com